Tilt window dow clips ?

A handy person from Slidell, LA says:
Need help identifying these clips/guide a. Windows are maybe 40 years old? If not, at least 20.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190223_105212.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190223_105208.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190223_105206.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190223_105215.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I've never seen this before. Do you know who made your window? Can you tell me the function of these clips? They're installed in the same position as a tilt latch, but I can't be sure if they work the same way. Thank you for any information you can give us.

A handy person from Slidell, LA says:
They act as a tilt clip, yes. Unfortunately, I do not k ow exactly when the window does were installed. I know my in-laws bought the house 19 years ago and I am 90% sure that no were replaced in the late 19 years. Also, I know that the house was built in 1980. So....i am guessing they were installed between 1980 and 1999. (I go thuthin' else...).

I do know that if this clip is broken, the top of the lower pane will swing into the house and this clip helps guide the lower pane to slide up/down through the channel.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I just haven't been able to find anything similar to this. You may want to consider substituting with a surface mount tilt latch. This will require drilling new holes, which can be tricky as you don't want to accidentally drill into the glass. We have a helpful video that walks you through the steps necessary. You can watch it below. You can also see our entire selection of surface mount tilt latches here.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.