Tilt window pivots

A home owner from Chicago says:
Hi. I have double hung windows that are about 13 years old. Some of the pivots of cracked off over the years. Also, the jambs look like they could be replaced, Based on the attached photograph, would your company have any replacement sashes/Parts that could be purchased to upgrade these windows? There is a code on the jamb that says: 36 TG.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We can replace the window balances, though I'm afraid we cannot replace your jambs or sashes. Start by looking at our Series 751 channel balance, this might be what you want. This comes with the 15-014 shoe pre-attached and ready to install. We do not have those exact pivots, but I think you could use our 26-151 and 26-152. See what you think!
A quick learner from Chicago, il says:
Im handy, but I have never replaced window hardware. So, based on my ignorance:

I would pop out the sashes.

Remove the jamb liners.

Remove existing pivots.

Install new channel balances.

Install new pivots.

Hopefully put jamb liners back in.

Install sashes onto new channel balances.

Try it out.

Get a beer?

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Yep, pretty much. Check out the video below, as well. I think this should help you out in terms of the finer details. I can't help you on the beer, though I'm sure a local establishment would be more than happy to accommodate.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)