Tilt window shoe

A home owner from Spring Hill, TN says:
I ordered a shoe that matches what was previously installed but it doesn't fit into the balance. My current one seems to have a more narrow hook part (which is what broke) to fit. I looked at ordering new balances but mine have a hook at the top which I was unable to find...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have this skinny version of your shoe. Based on your description, it sounds like your balance has to be a custom order due to its configuration.

Before we go any further, I'd like you to show me a picture of that hook you mention so that I can confirm. I would also like to know the length of your old balance's metal channel and the stamp printed on it, as well as the quantity you need altogether.

Once I have that information, I can email you an order link and price quote for that quantity.

We need 8. Attached are the pictures. The length of the balance is 28 inches long.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 38048558-DA2C-4777-AD89-88219B2DD20E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32D9CFA2-617C-407F-A131-A28B62D49BB9.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A03B5D75-6F7B-48F5-80BD-6FE99989285A.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! As suspected, this will have to be a custom order. I'll email you an order link and price quote right now for 8 of these. Please let me know if you had any questions.

Thank you! Have them ordered! Can't wait to have some working windows again.
Hey Tom. I didn't realize two of my other windows are smaller and need the same parts. Are you able to create another link for me but have the length of 2ft?
Thank you!
Profile picture of Tom

Sure, we can make a 24" balance for you. Can you just tell me what the stamp reads? Can you also give me an exact quantity?

I will need 4 please.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7B40463F-4361-41BC-A213-4783B826B34E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 897E17F7-B742-4F6F-A65F-5CBDCEE9DF20.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

You got it! I'll send that over right now.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.