Track Sliding Patio Door Rollers

A handy person from Chicago says:
I think I'm going to have to replace the rollers on a really heavy sliding glass patio door. I know I have to get the door off to see what kind of rollers it has, but I'm hoping you can help me do this. I know I have to lower the rollers (or door) all the way so I can lift the door out of the track, but I'm not sure which screw does this. On both ends of the doors there's a screw and above the screw there's a hole with another screw inside. Can you tell me what each of the screws adjust/control?
Thank you
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hello there. The adjustment screw is normally located at the bottom; however, I believe in your case it's the top. The hole with the other screw inside should be the adjustment screw, since that screw sounds like it fastens directly to the roller housing, rather than the door frame. Note too that you actually want to adjust the rollers to the highest point to remove the sliding door, not the lowest. See the video below for further details, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.