Traco TR9100 single hung windows

A professional from Maryland says:
The TR9100 will not stay centered in jambs and then channel balance will not stay in place, then come up with window. Channel balance is not broken, springs are not worn. Could the nylon guides be worn?

Jim
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

When you say, "TR9100", what piece are you actually referring to? Could we see a photo or two of the piece? maybe if we saw it installed, it would provide us with more information. 

A professional from Maryland says:
I can not show a picture of the channel balance. The problem is that the channel balance come unhooked from frame and travels up the jamb when you open window as the sash will not stay centered. I have attached pics I'd the channel balance.
Jim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 232F8A5D-9074-4273-8138-3FEA0485F848.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4E038889-175F-4711-9F8E-86C6C71B74D1.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This looks like a very heavy duty balance. This might have to be a special order. Your pictures are a start, but we need clearer photos of the top and bottom nylon fittings. I'd also like you to tell me the width, height, and length of the metal channel. Finally, please let me know how many you need.

Once we have that information, we'll do our best to track down a good match.

You also mention that the balances have come unhooked from the frame. That sounds like an issue with the top sash guide. Check the top two corners of your sash and see if the guides there are broken. The video below may also offer some insight.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.