Trapp storm door screen keeper

A home owner from Toledo, Ohio says:
The only information is that it is a Trapp storm door. A self-storming upper and lower glass with the full screen. Photo 2748 shows the keeper going thru the screen frame and the other end locks into to door frame. I have searched the internet without any luck as well as contacting a Building supply company as well as local door and window supplier and installer.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2745.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2748.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for your patience during this busy season. We don't have an exact match for this clip, I'm afraid. We only have one part in our inventory that may work, but I can't be sure. Take a look at our 70-029. I believe this has the same function as your original latch, but it has some obvious differences in design. Look it over and let me know what you think.

I'm not familiar with the Tapp brand. There is a chance that they're no longer in business. If that's the case then you likely won't find an exact match for this anywhere. Your only option may be to find something similar and try to rig it to work.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)