Troubeshooting

A quick learner from USA says:
HELP!!! We are in the processes of installing the window balancers we purchased from you. We are having a bit of a challenge getting the spiral rod to stay attached to the bracket (17-012). Should we have ordered the other bracket? The bracket is installed with the open end facing down, as what looks to be shown in the drawing. My wife tried on one side, using the tool we got, turning clockwise as described in your online directions, but the spiral rod would not stay. I tried counter clockwise and it stayed up, but came undone either when we slowly lowered the window or raised it up. Hopefully I did not ruin them by what I did. We want to continue to try, but would love to get some encouraging words from you, the experts. We look forward to hearing from you with more direction if needed! Thank you so much!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Perhaps I can be of assistance. I don't think you harmed anything on the installation. The 17-012 bracket is installed under the sash with at least two screws, like #8 X 3/4" truss head screw with the locking piece facing up. Below is a generic direction for the Series 500:

First drop the balance behind the sash and screw it at the top with 33-016 screw. Raise the sash and have someone hold it up, while you place the 17-012 bracket under the sash and have it corral the spiral. Screw the bracket to the sash. Continue holding up the sash while you bring the spiral up to the the bracket. Now turn the spiral clockwise with 75-005 tool about four turns. Then lock the bow tie at the end of the spiral to the 17-012 bracket. Do the same on the other side and try the sash. If it creeps down, give the spiral another turn.

Let me know if you have further issues.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)