Trouble finding these parts for my Thomasville dressers

A handy person from San Antonio says:

Hi,

I purchased some Thomasville furniture, Queen Anne style, between 1993-2001, and recently have discovered some of the drawer stoppers are broken. Note, I will be also purchasing some guides (corner, flats, etc. too).

I've attached some photos, and I know I can manufacture a different DIY method to stop the drawers, but did not know if these particular parts, or, a equal replacement were available? I'll have to count how many I need, but at this point I will need enough to replace all or most of the ones currently in place in my dresser, bureau, and bedside stands.

Thanks for the help.

Regards, George

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named #2.Thomasville_Dresser_DrawerStop.off.drawer.d2019
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named #3.Thomasville_Dresser_DrawerStop.off.drawer.d2019
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named #1.Thomasville_Dresser_DrawerStop.on.drawer.d20190
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, George. I've seen this stop once or twice in the past. I don't remember the specific details, but I do know we weren't able to track it down. 

Knowing myself and how I think, I bet that I recommended our 32-125 for those past customers. This is a pretty handy stop that works for most dressers. It mounts on the top lip of the opening and reaches back, preventing the drawer from opening past a certain point. Could that work for you? We have a handy guide that may better explain how these function. Let me know what you think!

A handy person from San Antonio says:
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response, and the video reference. I appreciate the comments, and the detailed answer.

I'll have to think whether it is better to go the route of the 32-125, or, simply take a small board, drilling a small hole, and putting a screw through the hole, tightening the board vertically to the back panel of the drawer.

Then, simply, moving the board to one side or the other, allows the drawer to be pulled out, and leaving it in the up position stops the drawer from being pulled out ... this effectively would be gaining back the ~2 inches in length of the 32-125. Another option is getting the 32-125 and mounting like I described above - not sure if this is supported by your company.

I was hopeful, there might be a part substitution for the part picture I provided.

Thanks again for the assistance.
Regards, George P.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, George! That solution with a small board sounds good to me, too. I think it's certainly worth trying out. As for mounting the 32-125 in other ways, it could be possible but it's hard for us to predict. It would depend more on the style of the dresser. I suppose the only negative consequence of trying it out is having a screw hole in the wood, so if you're fine with that then it can't hurt to experiment.

A professional from New London, CT says:
This Thomasville drawer stop is made of nylon or a flexible rubber like plastic. It's installed between 3/5 to 4/5 the distance from the front of the drawer. It screws into the wooden center drawer guide that's attched underneath the drawer. The drawer stop pivots on that screw.

Your drwers are not designed to be open 100%. They're designed to open 1/2 to 2/3 of the way open, so as not to damage your dovetail wooden drawer guides.

I would opt for installing a rigid piece of nylon about 3/5 to 4/5 the way back on the side of the drawer. Opening the drawer, the rigid nylon will not allow further opening as it hits the inside of the top of the drawer cavity. Then, to remove the drawer, bend the nylon as you move the drawer away from its opening.
SWISCO Quick-Fix! Drawer Stop
SWISCO Quick-Fix! Drawer Stop
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 32-125 Drawer Stop
How to install the 32-125 Drawer Stop
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.