Trouble with 26-387

A home owner from Osprey Florida says:
I have purchased the Swisco 26-387 face mount window lock. I was attempting to install the device but noticed that the window has a top mounted window release - that allows the top part of the window to be lowered for cleaning the outside. The problem is that with three inserts for your window lock flat portion of the lock does not hit the window as it is raised. The window hits the tip of the beveled lock hits makes the lock swing in and does not stop the window? Help!!! Any suggestions? Thank you
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what the problem could be. Can you take a picture of the problem area for us?
A quick learner from FL says:
​Tom
The issue is the outer frame is not a Single surface it has a second surface about 1/4 inch hidden between the frame and the window operating rod. Therefore there is no way to install the screw post due to this space. I hope you can see my pilot holes drilled into the outer frame suffice.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It may be that the 26-387 can't work in your window at all. However, I'm afraid your picture didn't come in. Could you try uploading it again?
A quick learner from Osprey Florida says:
Hi Tom,
We have two photos of the top of the window and top window side. I believe that we do have a problem with your product fitting on this window, Unless after looking at this you have other ideas. However, I am now thinking that if you have some material that would fit into the opening around the window rod that could stay in place and still allow a 3 1/2 inch opening - that would work. The top window is 85 cm tall, the opening between the front and back in 17 cm and the cover for the operating rod is 10 cm. So if there were a material that would fit between the opening and cover the rod - with some kind of flexible material that would hold it in place - I could open the window and no one from the outside would be able to enter. How does this sound?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Over the weekend I tried the 26-387 at home on two of my windows. One window had the 26-229, with the beveled edge, and another window had the 26-121 tilt latch, which is similar to the 26-314 like you have on your window. Like yours, the 26-387 would not hold the sash in the "venting" position. What I did was to take the 26-387 and with the help of a bench vise held the spring loaded locking foot secured. I then used a hack saw to cut 1/8" off the foot, squaring off the bottom. By cutting the bottom it increased the size of the foot pad and held the window in the "venting" position. Let me know your thoughts.
A home owner from Osprey Florida says:
Hi Dave,

I am starting over on my response, the first attempt I hit the wrong button so I have no idea where the response went. Anyway, I believe this has gone on long enough. Please provide me information so I can return the locks for full refund. While I can do some things I an not comfortable attempting opening a lock and cutting the device. Please provide return instructions.

Thanks you in advance for your efforts in attempting to handle my request. I really do appreciate your quick response and considerations.

Sincerely
Phil
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing, Phil, I totally understand. You can return the hardware you purchased at any time for a refund. See more information at our return policy.
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
How to install a Window Opening Control Device (WOCD) kit
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.