Two coil purchases... still not right

A quick learner from Illinois says:
Please help. I have placed 2 orders and still do not have the correct parts.
One picture shows the 2 coils I currently have and need to replace and the one I just ordered on top of the 2nd one. None of these are the same.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. In your first picture, it looks like your original coil is a better match for our S160-5, not the S165-5. The major difference is the location of the square hole. Otherwise I don't see any other important difference. Can you go into more detail on why they won't work?
A quick learner says:
The 2 original coils have the square hole in different locations and neither of the 2 I have matches the S160 or the S165. I assume there is some importance to the location of those holes. If not please advise.
The S165 is 3/8" which is correct. The S160 is 1/2".

What about the plastic cover? I don't see that you have anything similar to it.

Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
In my experience, the position of the rectangular holes won't matter when hooking the coils together. That's the only function they serve, at the end of the day, and it doesn't need to be exact. Our nylon covers are also not exactly like the one in your picture but should still work with those coil springs.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.