Upgrading Casement Window Crank Handles

A quick learner from Princeton Junction, NJ says:
Is it possible to upgrade my existing casement window crank handles to a model that folds once the window has closed? We currently have 1994-vintage Andersen casements with 1994-vintage cranks that remain fully deployed irrespective of the position of the window. I would prefer not to replace the entire folding mechanism to accommodate new crank handles.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sure, it may very well be possible. Before I can say anything for sure, though, I will require a photo of the hardware you have now so that I have a better idea of what you're working with. Let me know if that would be possible.

A quick learner from Princeton Junction, NJ says:
Please see attached.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1123.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thank you! The only folding handle we sell that is compatible with this operator is our 39-301. Look this over and see if this would fit your needs.

Alternate view
Alternate view

Alternate view
Alternate view

A home owner from New Hampshire says:
Hello,
I am facing a similar situation. My window cranks look the same as the one provided by the original poster. Would the 39-301 be a suitable replacement for my Andersen window cranks as well?
Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221011_191116.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20221011_191128.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

You appear to have the exact same hardware as the customer who original submitted this inquiry, so my recommendation would be the same, yes.

A home owner from New Hampshire says:
Thank you, Tom!
Profile picture of Tom

You're welcome! Please let me know if you had any other questions in the future.

A quick learner from Illinois says:
Hello,
Can you please tell me if the 39-301 Andersen folding handle has a 3/8" gear bore?
Thank you.
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, he 39-301, as well as all Andersen operator handles, has a hole diameter of 3/8".

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.