Vinyl Window Tilt Latch

A professional from Chicago, IL says:

Attached are a plan diagram of the "concealed" tilt latch, two photos of the installed condition, a photo of the top rail with tilt latch removed, and a photo of the removed portion. I am not finding replacement parts for this type of "concealed" tilt latch. Can you help? (I would love to get several of these, left and right hand versions, as a number of them are broken in our windows.)

Thanks much!

Best Regards,

Clark

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Plan Diagram of Right Jamb - 2021-01-15.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Removed (broken) portion.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side view of installed tilt latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top view of installed tilt latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top view tilt latch removed.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Clark. Unfortunately, we don't have a replacement for this interior tilt latch. You may want to consider a surface mount tilt latch. These are different than what you have in that they just screw on. We have a video tutorial that shows how we do this. We find it to be an easier solution for sashes like yours. Let me know what you think!

Sounds great! The tutorial was perfectly clear. Can you direct me to the right sized surface mounted tilt latch?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Well, since your sash appears to be 1-3/4" thick, you really have your pick of the litter. Most of our latches are much skinnier than that. Something like our 26-344 could work, or even 26-193 and 26-194 if you wanted to play it safe, but since you have the whole top of the sash to play with then you can pick whichever you think would be easiest to work with.

Got it. Thanks much for your help!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.