Vinyl Window part believed to be an M&W brand (stamp on latch)

A home owner from Morrisville, NC says:
Trying to determine if you have this replacement part? Tube appears to have broken through and is protruding above plastic part. Vinyl window has an MW stamp on the latch cap. No other labels found. Is keeping window from opening and closing smoothly.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Right side good.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Left side damaged.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named LH side damaged.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have an old rod-type balance. These aren't made anymore, but we carry modern replacements that can be used instead. In order to pick out the best option, though, I'll need you to remove an undamaged balance from the window and show me the bottom shoe, clip, hook, or whatever else is at the bottom end. Thank you!

Tom,
Thanks for the response. Attached are some pictures showing bottom hook and top cord connection and more.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Hook.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to see. This is a crossbow-type rod balance. You can replace them with our Series 795 Channel Balances. See the video below for details. 

Thanks for all your help in identifying all the parts I need. One last question to determine whether I do this or whether I "call the man". I have a 1/4" by 1/4" inch hole left after removing (breaking out) the old P shape hook that the old balance hung from. Will this accommodate your 26-200 Balance Screw Plug? It looks like it would if I understand the dimensions listed. I'm wanting to avoid a lot of modification of the window as I tend to break things.

Thanks
Ken
Profile picture of Tom

Yep, if the hole left over is 1/4" square then our 26-200 should definitely work for you.

Hopefully that clears things up! I'm happy to help with any other questions or concerns you may have.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.