Vinyl double hung window pivot bars. No markings except in glass (IGMAC 24 Hour Thermal Glass)

A handy person from Toronto says:
Both pivot bars broken (by wife). It's got a weird 'C' hook at the end. Will similar-sized bars work to replace or must be exact?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1900.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I think we can help. I'd like to know the distance between the center of the hole where the break is to the end of the hook. I'd also like a picture of the cam in your pivot shoe where the pivot bar inserts. 

Thanks Casey,

The measurement from the hole to the tip is 2 3/8"

I hope the picture shows what you?re looking for.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BCA5277E-AA82-4928-8A96-8E2535CDE57F.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm sorry, can you confirm that measurement? Your original photo gave the complete length of the pivot bar as 2-3/16". The distance between the hole and the end of the hook you're giving us now exceeds the total length. 

Sorry about that, I posted a correction last Friday but I guess it got lost.

Measurement is 1 3/8". I started measuring at 1" so I could be certain of the end marker and avoid the clip at the end of the tape. I forgot to deduct the extra 1" #rookie

Profile picture of Tom

Thank you, perfect! How about our 26-021? This has a hole that's 1-3/8" from the tip, and it should fit fine in your old shoe. Let me know what you think.

Thanks Tom,

It's possible. My bar has 3 holes and 2.5" total length which shouldn't be an issue I assume. But the 2nd hole doesn't quite line up. I have 11/16" from the 1st to the 2nd hole. I suppose I could drill out the 2nd hole a bit?
Profile picture of Tom

You could drill a hole if necessary, but you may not even need to use the second hole. The reason I specified the first hole is because it looks like it was the only one used. In most cases, pivot bars only install using one hole.

These ones had screws in 2 of the 3 holes, but I'll order a couple and find out if there's an issue.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.