Vinyl window hardware replacement

A quick learner from Oceanside ny. 11572 says:
Balances and pins ( on some) windows are rusted . Lower sashes slide down w no counterbalance as a result . 3 windows affected ... need to order 3 sets of hardware and pins to replace rusted/ broken pins /hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm very confident we can help you with this project, but I'll need to see pictures of each part you want to replace. That will allow me to match them up.

Will do Tom Thanks. Mark
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks, Mark. This definitely gets us in the right direction, but we still need more information. I'll refer to each of your pictures in order, from left to right.

First off, this looks like a spiral balance and pivot shoe. Your spiral balance will be either the 3/8" diameter Series 900 of the 9/16" diameter Series 600, depending on the diameter of the outer tube. You have to measure yours to confirm. I'm not sure about the pivot shoe, though. Can you tell me its thickness? That will allow us to find something that will fit in the track.

The second photo appears to be of a pivot bar, maybe something like the 26-040, but it's too damaged to identify. You can consider the 26-040 for now, but in order to confirm that this works I need to see one in better condition.

Same story for the part in your third photo. I'm afraid it's just too damaged for me to ID. Unlike the pivot bar, I'm not even sure what this is. Can you describe its function? Can you also show me an undamaged version?

Ok. Raining today. Will do tnrw. Mark
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)