WENCO lock and keeper

A home owner from Rockville MD says:
I need two LOCK & KEEPER for a WENCO window. Keeper base is slanted about 45 angle.

I saw your 90-170 which looks good, but is 2 1/4" instead of 2 1/16 inch. I think I can easily use this part.

Now for the Lock, I looked at your 90-278 which comes with Lock and Keeper. Does that keeper have the slanted base? If not, do you have a bronze matching lockset to go with that new keeper. Also, 2 1/16"

I also looked at the ANDERSON (90-295) Sash kit, 2",. looks nice but is bit pricey. Can you make a suggestion what might work better.

The WENCO window seems to have gotten a bit out of square, so I have a 1/2" air gap on the top, which will close up completely if I add a lock & keeper to the right side of the window frame, instead of using just that center lock & keeper device.
I open to hear your suggestion. I am ready to buy!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1745.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid that the 90-170 keeper is the only product in our inventory that could work for you. These are weirdly difficult to find; I think the reason is just because this style of window isn't really popular anymore. Even the 90-170 has a limited supply, and we won't be able to replenish our stock once it's sold out.

The 90-295 definitely won't work for you. Andersen is a very specific brand and their parts are only meant to work on Andersen windows. You can't use them in any other application.

We also don't have a lock specifically made to go with the 90-170 keeper. If the 90-278 can work, then I would use that. Your options are very limited when it comes to this hardware, and very soon we won't have any options left at all. They just don't make them anymore.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)