Warped channel for snap in glazing

A home owner from Cincinnati says:
Hi,

Just moved into a house with a lot of Andersen Windows. There are a few on the east side of the house (lots of sun?)whose bottom snap in vinyl glazing has popped out. It "seems" as if the channel that the glazing snaps into is warped to the point that the glazing will not "snap in" anymore. I "guess" 40 years of sun has warped them?

In any event, is there a way for me to flatten or straighten the channel to snap the glazing back in? Would a heat gun soften things up enough to re shape or would that make an even bigger problem?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Jeff
User submitted photos of a glazing bead.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You need to replace your vinyl glazing. Andersen used two different insulated kinds of glass 40 years ago, each with a different thickness. Look at the back of the vinyl glazing to see if it has a number. If not, remove a sample of the glazing and send us a photo of the cross section.
A home owner from Cincinnati says:
Hi Paul'

Thanks for the quick reply.

I took a look and see a # 38 on the back side of the glazing. (Terratone color)

The center of the channel that the glazing should snap into is quite a bit wider than the corners.

Is that a problem or is that the way it was manufactured?

Again ...Thanks for your help

Jeff
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Jeff. We are currently working on a possible replacement for you and will let you know as soon as it is online and available to purchase.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Alright, please see our new 55-303 and let me know if this is a good match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.