Weather Strip for Older Wood Frame Window

A home owner from Bellingham, WA. says:
We have an older Victorian house with wood frame single-hung vertical slider windows. To keep out rain water, we need to replace the outside rubber weather stripping that fits in a groove along the bottom of the window. Do you sell weather stripping that is 3/16" wide X 1/4" high and seals out water? I think anything taller than 1/4" would be too tall.
Thank you for your time.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I cannot say what would work for you without seeing a profile angle of the original weatherstripping or without more information on the groove it would slide into, but we do carry sill bubble for vinyl type windows that could fit your sash. Take a look at our 58-171, 58-182 and 58-183 and see if one of these could work for you.
A home owner from Bellingham, WA. says:
Thanks for the help, Dave.

The groove is 3/16" wide. The weatherstrip is 3/16" wide by 1/4" high. It is foam with a vinyl or rubber cover.

Do you carry similar weatherstripping?

From what I saw on your site, it looks like the closest match might be the wool pile, perhaps 58-127, what do you think?

Does the wool pile seal out water? Is it waterproof? Does it have an adhesive back, or must it be glued in?

Thanks again, I appreciate it!
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Your photo looks like our 58-156, but I guess you're thinking it could be too tall at 3/8"? I do think a bubble would help keep out the water a little better. The 58-127 is closer to your size and it does have a "fin seal" in it, which could help in keeping the water out. Personally, I think the 58-156 would be better than the 58-127, if it will fit in your frame, but it is ultimately your decision.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)