Weather stripping at the top of our windows

A home owner from Cary, NC says:
Good afternoon, we have several Rollyson aluminum windows (34.5" and 43.5" wide where the weather stripping in that attached images have disintegrated or just fallen off. Do you sell replacements and how are do we attach to the top of the window?
Any special glue?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. We may be able to help, but I'm afraid I cannot identify what you have based on these pictures. I will need to see a clear picture of this seal's complete profile. That is, I need to see it from the side. I know it's very brittle and falls apart easily, but please try your best to get us an undamaged sample. See our video below for more details on exactly what kind of picture we need.
A home owner from Cary, NC says:
Attached are better images showing the weather stripping we need to replace.
thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! Looks like have vinyl Rollyson window sashes. I believe they used our 58-164 weather strip. The groove should be 3/16" to accept this base, so check it out and let me know. The wool pile could be our 58-127.

To remove and install the weather strip and to check the width of the groove, remove the sash and unscrew the frame screw. Then use a block of wood and hammer to carefully knock the frame slightly apart so you can slide the weather strip out.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)