What is this window open controller?

A quick learner from Washington State says:
Funny you are in NJ- I found you on the internet, I live in Washington state, but am originally from NJ.

I have these pop out devices on several windows in my home. They appear to be window opening control devices (WOCD) but they don't actually stick out far enough to stop the window. Further some are installed backward so the "hook" on the device is facing the wrong way. I searched your inventory online and didn't see anything like them, and I am unable to find the manufacturer's name on the windows themselves.

I would like WOCDs in the windows as I have small kids. If these are them I would like to know how to use them, and if they are the wrong size/part I would like to get some new ones. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Window hardware
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
To be honest, I'm not sure what this device in your photos even is. My guess is that it's a type of ventilator, possibly to allow moisture or condensation to escape from the house. Take a look at the 90-036, 90-270 and the 90-304 locks. Maybe you could use one of these on your window. Do you think you can make it work?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)