Wheels & corners for Jelley screen doors

A quick learner from Park city, utau says:
I have Jeld-wen screen doors and the leading edge has a gap of about half inch (vertical leading edge between slide door and frame). I can adjust the front most wheel pushing the door up and closing the gap, but not completely. The wheel itself seems to be in good shape, not so sure about corner/adjustment mechanism. Roller appears to be part no. 84-016, based on style and measurements. What do you recommend? New rollers and corner/adjustment screw?? Something else?
Here?s a pic of the gap on leading edge.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I don't advise taking the door apart to replace this corner key. The door might not go back together correctly. I would remove the door from the track and adjust the two bottom wheels and see if the they advance so as to raise the door. If so, re-install the door and complete the installation. Sometimes when the weight is off the wheels, the adjustment works. If not, remove the adjusting screw and inspect it. If it's damaged, go to your local hardware store and have them replace it with a similar screw, perhaps one that's even a little longer.

Hi Dave, thanks for you helpful response. I had removed the door several times to remove the roller and inspect. One subtlety, but perhaps an important one, is that the lift of the door with the adjustment screw is minimal and doesn't seem to stay put. Beyond the gap that forms at the leading edge, the door bottom scrapes slightly on the bottom frame, suggesting that the door really needs to travel higher. I can try longer screws but I am wondering if new rollers might be a good idea too. The doors are probably 15-20 years old based on the last owners of the house etc. Based on my roller dimensions it looks like Product Code: 84-104 is the right replacement part, the wheel size is 1 1/4 inch, or do you recommend the nylon version Product Code: 84-016? The steel would seem like it would hold up longer, but the nylon might be more quiet. We have nylon rollers on our Anderson doors at another house and they are whisper quiet and work wonderfully. thanks for your help
Siegfried
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If your door is anywhere from 15 to 20 years old, then new rollers would definitely help matters. As for whether to go with the 84-104 or 84-016, it really comes down to what you outlined. You can have a stronger roller that may be a little rougher on the track, or you can have a roller that will wear out faster but will otherwise be a little easier to deal with. It's ultimately up to you.

How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Screen Door Corner and Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Sliding Screen Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.