Will 87-067 carry a 50 pound window?

A home owner from Assonet says:

We recently purchased a house with a sunroom that has aluminum sliding windows installed probably 15 - 20 years ago. The rollers that the windows roll on are worn out and need replacement. Careful examination of the a worn roller mechanism seems to match the 87-067

The catalog indicates a nylon roller. Our window frames measure 32 x 55 with insulated glass and weigh approximately 50 lbs. Will a single nylon roller be adequate. 

Each frame has a roller carrage on each corner (2 rollers per frame) There appears to be several axle points on each carriage, and I am wondering if it would be possible to add extra rollers on each carriage to help distribute the weight of the window frame/glass? 

I would be interested in your opinion/feedback. 

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us! I'm afraid my knowledge of the 87-067 is limited. I've never personally worked with it. However, 50 pounds is quite a heavy window and I don't think a nylon wheel would hold up against that kind of weight for long. Does your old roller have metal wheels? If so, can you swap them out on the new 87-067? If it's the same housing then you should be able to use the old wheels.

As for using more than one wheel, it does appear that the 87-067 has extra slots, but they are likely for adjustment purposes. The way that works is that each slot is cut a little deeper, so that when you put the wheel in the corresponding slot it's a little higher up. This is how sliding window sashes can be adjusted. I'm not sure if installing multiple wheels in these extra slots will give you the result you want.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.