Will a red balance replace my white one?

A quick learner from Pooler GA says:
Can I use a red balance to replace a white one? I believe it is white, not yellow as the window is probably the cheapest contractor that was available in 2005.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Julia
Julia from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for writing in. I'll need a bit more information before I can determine what part will work for you. Firstly, can you please tell me the diameter and length of the outer tube? Next, you will need to weigh your window sash to determine which color tip is correct for you. 

23.2 pounds. 28 7/16 inches long. 7/16 wide.
Profile picture of Julia

Thanks for getting back to me with that. Could you please confirm the diameter of the white outer tube? It should be either 3/8" or 9/16". Many thanks. 

3/8
Profile picture of Julia

Okay great, thanks for all of that information. It looks like you'll need our S900-29 with the green tip. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

Thank you. The window I am working on is aluminum. They have this sash stop/balance covet in them. Do you have these? It is 1 3/8 inches long and an inch wide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DBE1E159-EA2E-4B54-9CBE-8830D59143A2.jpeg
Profile picture of Julia

I'm afraid we don't have this exact sash stop. Our 55-042 and 55-043 would be our closest matches. Take a look and see what you think!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)