Will this work on black vinyl track

A quick learner from Indiana says:
I have a black vinyl track with a heavy glass door, which has 2 tandem rollers supporting it that I replaced. The door is still hard to open and close, and I?d like to make it smoother if possible. Would you recommend the 80-100 track cover, even though my track is vinyl? The vinyl track is about 7/16 tall and 2/16 wide, and about 6 feet long. There is room at the top for the extra 2/16 height addition from the 80-100. I'm trying to decide which would be more stable between this and the 80-102, or if something else would be better. Would I need to use set screws (into the vinyl?) or track lubricant?

Please see picture attached. I appreciate any help you can provide.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image_123927839.JPG
A quick learner from Indiana says:
I already replaced both rollers, and adjusted to the optimum height, but the door is still heavy to move and not smooth. It does not appear to be bound by anything at the bottom or the top. The rail doesn't appear to be damaged much either, so I'm not sure why it doesn't slide better, but was hoping this cover would help.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

If your existing track is not worn or damaged I don't think a track cover would help the situation. I also do not recommend drilling into the vinyl track to install a track cover. 

It could be that your door is hard to slide just because it's heavy. If you did replace the rollers then I would suggest keeping the track clean and lubricated often to keep it in good working order.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)