Will your track cover work for me?

A handy person from Sarasota, FL says:

Hi, I'm looking at your track covers to repair our 3-pane slider. Only the moveable locking door track needs covering. The cross section of the rail is like a mushroom. The top is 3/16" wide and the under part is about 1/16" to 3/32" thick. The rail is 1/4" high.

Your picture shows the cover to be 1/4 by 1/4 OVER the top of the cover. This will leave a gap equal to the material thickness of the rail cover.

Once in place, will the rail cover rock and move because it has no side grip on the under part?

Thanks,

Marshall

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Marshall. I'm afraid I can't really tell you how well our track cover will work on your track. I can tell you that once these snap on they're usually pretty firmly held in place. If you think rocking would be an issue you can always opt for the 80-100. These can be fixed using screws in the sides, though you'd have to make sure you have the clearance for the taller cover. The video shows you how these install.

A handy person from Sarasota, FL says:

Tom, thanks for your reply. Going with the short cover.

We are having film applied to the glazing to reduce heat transfer and I am going to apply the track cover and put in new roller assemblies before the film goes on. The doors are heavy (8 ft tall)and to prevent future problems, I am looking to replace the single roller type with double roller type to help spread the load. The door is the type where the bottom has to be removed to slide out the roller assembly. Can you review the attached pics and recommend BOTH a single roller and double roller type?

Thanks for your help with this project.

I do have shopping cart in waiting, just need to add rollers.

Marshall

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SliderOldRoller00.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SliderOldRoller01.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named SliderOldRoller02.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us Marshall. I couldn't find a tandem roller that's similar to this part. Our 81-081 might work, but I'm not sure if your adjustment screw is at the top of the housing. Otherwise the measurements are close.

I'm sorry that we can't offer a more confident replacement.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)