Window Balance

A home owner from Tennessee says:
I'm trying to determine the exact size and type of balance that I need to re-install to make sure the windows will stay up. I looks as if I need a 29" with black tips, but I don't see those on the site. It appears to be a 3/8" tube as well.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
When you're measuring the diameter, are you measuring the outer tube or the inner spring? For this kind of balance, you should measure the outer tube. I would wager it's 5/8" or 9/16", in which case I'd recommend our Series 600 spiral balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)