Window Balance Needed?

A quick learner from Santa Clarita, CA says:

Hello

My homes windows are not sliding normally and get stuck. Over the last several years, more and more are this way so we never open them. One of the window balances is sticking out and I took pictures attached. It is 28 inches (metal portion only, not including plastic), 9/16 wide and 5/8 deep. The window itself is 35 inch. I have 10 such windows, all bad except one. I can't see the markings and these are original builder item from 2003.

What do you recommend is needed to fix?

Thank you

Taha

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0029.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0030.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0028.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Taha. I am confident we can help. These look like channel balances for non-tilt windows. The only way to identify what channel balance you need is to see clear pictures of the nylon fittings on both ends of the balance. The length of the metal channel for each set, as well as any stamp codes on the metal channel, are also needed. The video below shows how to remove and replace channel balances. This blog article here goes into more detail about identifying replacements.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.