Window Balancer for Sash

A home owner from Maine says:
Single Hung sash window in house built in either 1997 or 1999. The plastic parts on the balancers are deteriorating and I've got two windows that no longer stay open on their own.

I've looked all over the window to try and find who the manufacturer is but there is nothing on the sides of the sash (inner or outer) or anything between the glass as identifying marks at all.

Took the balancing rod to a local hardware store and they recommended trying here. Any help would be appreciated in identifying the manufacturer or replacement part needed.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid I cannot tell what you have based on this picture alone. I think you have one of these three balances. Look through this section and see what you think.
A quick learner says:
Actually I did find it right off the bat! Series 870 Arrow Balance.

I do have one sort of related question:

The pivot shoe on one side is no longer locking in place.... How do you remove the shoe from the side channel of the window to replace it?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Awesome! I'm glad you were able to find what you need. As for the pivot shoe, there are a couple methods available to you. Check out these two videos below, I think you'll find them very helpful.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)