Window Channel Balance

A handy person says:
Trying to identify replacement window channel balance. 1/2" wide by 28 3/8" in length with the ends as pictured. Channel is stamped with 3330. It looks like the number 2830 is marked over stamped number
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20180517_13_18_02_Pro.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20180517_13_18_35_Pro.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20180517_13_19_08_Pro.jpg
A handy person says:
Updated picture of the channel balance shoe from a good balance. Didn't realize the shoe on the other balance was broken. With this information, is your series 371 with option 2830 the coorect balance? But what length? My balance is 28 3/8" from metal end to metal end.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named WIN_20180517_22_26_02_Pro.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can replace this balance, though it will have to be specially made with a 28-1/2" length (the 1/8" difference from your old balance shouldn't be that big of a deal). 

The only thing I'm not sure about is the stamp. It sounds like whoever installed this originally only had a 34" long balance on hand, and had to cut it down to size. Then they just sorta wrote "2830" over top the old stamp. At least they did us that favor, it gives us a place to start. Most installers won't even go that extra mile.

Since these have to be specially made, though, I want to double check just to be sure. A 2830 option can carry a sash weighing 16 through 23 pounds. Can you confirm that your sash falls in that range? If not, what is the exact weight?

Other than that, I just need to know how many balances you need. Once I have this information, I'll email you a special order link and price quote.

A handy person from MD says:
21.8 pounds is correct. This blog is glitchy. My June 20th post seemingly disappeared. I've checked numerous times since and it wasn't there. So I reposted today based on memory since I didn't want to take out and weigh the sash again. Now both posts are showing up. And there is no option to delete or edit a post .
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Sometimes it takes a while for posts to come through, especially if there's a lot of traffic to our site (which there usually is in the summer). I deleted your initial post just to clean things up. 

In the meantime, we're still looking into the availability of this balance. Can you confirm how many you need?

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.