Window Channel Balance Help!

A home owner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Hello, I am trying to figure out which part I need to order to replace my channel balances. I've provided some photos for your review. It looks like it can be either the Series 351 or 390. Thank you!
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what your bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Do not include the plastic attachments in this measurement.

Finally, please tell me what stamps are printed or inked on the surface of your channel.
A quick learner from Los Angeles, CA says:
Thank you Tom. The shoe is 1" deep but I just noticed that it doesn't look exactly the same. Is that ok? I have 2 channels and one is 22" and the other is 28". I looked all around the channel but couldn't find any stamps. Thank you for your assistance!
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us! With a 1" deep show, I'd go with our Series 351 channel balance--for your difference sized balances, the S351-22 and S351-28, respectively. While yours looks slightly different, I think it should be fine. They serve the same function.

If your balances do not have any numbers stamped on them, I will have to know the weight of your sashes for both windows. You can determine this by removing the sashes from the window and placing them on a scale. Let me know!
Sorry for the late response Tom. The 22" weighed in at .45 lbs. and the 28" weighed in at .69 lbs. Hopefully that is enough information to find out which option we will need. Thank you again for your assistance!
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry, but I think you may be confused. I do not need the weight of the balances, but rather the actual sash itself. This is the part of the window that moves up and down.
Hello Tom. So I finally have the weight of the actual sash. We had 2 different windows with the 22". The wider one was 22 lbs and the smaller one was 16 lbs. The balance that is 28" was 32 lbs. Thank you so much for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
It's my pleasure! For both the 22 pound and 16 pound window, I'd select the 2140 option. This can carry a window sash weight of 15 through 23 pounds.

As for the 32 pound window, you should consider the 2760 option. This can carry 30 through 33 pounds.

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
A home owner says:
I think I have the same 28" balance...the stamp on my reads "27 3 FV CMC 7". Can you tell me which option I need? Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Usually a stamp of 27 3 corresponds to our 2730 option, but you should weigh your sash and compare it to the weight ratings we show just to make sure that it's correct.
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.