Window Lock Question

A home owner from Greenwich CT says:
Hello:
We have recently bought our co-op and all of the window latches are broken. We are attaching photos. We've had several contractors look at them, but no one has been able to tell us who manufactures them. There are no identifying marks on the pieces and the windows only have a "made in the USA" sticker, but no brand name. We don't have a picture of them uninstalled, but if you need, we can drill one out. Any help/advice you can lend is greatly appreciated!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Lock4.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting! This lock might be a bit of an issue. It looks like yours has a particular "step-down" that conforms to the shape of the top of the sash. You aren't going to find many locks that have this step-down since it's made for this specific window design. That would explain why the contractors you've spoken to had such trouble finding it.

I'm wondering if we can ignore it. We have several locks that may work in place of yours but they would hang over that step. It won't look pretty, but you may be able to install something there as a gap-filler. You'll have to be creative but it might be possible.

Honestly, I'm just thinking out loud right now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Before we go any further down that road, I'd like to clear up a few technical details of your lock to confirm if this is even possible. First, can you tell me the distance between the two installation holes, center-to-center? Can you also tell me the offset of the center hole from the back, glass-facing edge of the lock? That will allow us to find something that will at least fit in the same hole pattern. We can go on to talk about how to install it after we cross that bridge.

It also looks like your keeper broke. I'd like to see a photo of one that is undamaged and removed from the window, if possible. That might be easier said than done since yours appear to be riveted in. If removing it for a photo isn't possible then I would understand. Seeing an undamaged version might be enough. I'd also like the installation hole center spacing.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we don't have a lock similar to this with a 2" hole spacing and a 1/2" offset. The closest we have is our 90-161, with a 2-1/16" spacing and a 7/16" offset. Keep in mind that after that you still have to account for the step, so even if you are able to get this size to work there is still no guarantee that it will install properly. I would triple check your dimensions just to be 100% sure.

As for the keeper, consider our 90-257. I actually think this might be a good match. It seems to have the same design. The two installation holes are 7/16" apart, center-to-center.

A home owner from Greenwich CT says:
Hi Tom,
The distance between the two installation holes is 2" center to center. The offset of the center hole from the back, glass facing edge of the lock is 1/2". I'm not able to get one of the keepers out, but I'm attaching a pic of an undamaged one.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail.jpg
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.