Window Operator for Identification

A quick learner from Newmarket Ontario Canada says:
I have two left, one right of this model, which I think is the 39-253R and 39-253L

The window won't fully close, have to reach out to get it the last little way. Flaw in this design.

The arm in the photo you
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190817_174246.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190817_200947.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190817_201016.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20190817_200947.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Capture1.JPG
The arm dimensions are the same length as in the picture from your site I screencaptured and posted here.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I don't believe this is a flaw in your operator's design; rather something is simply broken. Now, your operator looks to be in good condition, so the culprit is probably the casement hinge. Examine both the hinge and operator track to see if there's any obstruction; i.e., dirt, debris, loose screws, so forth. Check for damage and let us know what you find.

I keep rotating the handle when its nearly closed, and it will just spin and spin. The window does not fully close, it's like the gear from the handle can't fully pull in the window without jumping.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it sounds like the operator gear is stripped, which means you simply need to replace the old operator. However, if you want to be safe and make sure the window is otherwise functioning OK, remove the old operator from the window and try operating the window manually. If it opens and closes fine without the operator, then you're safe just replacing the old operator. 

I need to know that I have the correct model, at this point I will assume it is correct. Please confirm that it is 39-253R and 39-253L
Profile picture of Bob

Oh, sure! I agree, those look to be our best  options.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)