Window: Poly Sash Model 1000; 7/8 Thermol - Tilt; Size 52 x 48; NuPrime Dealer installed 10/7/1985

A home owner from Atlanta, Georgia says:
I need the silver swivel/metal rods covered in a silver colored enclosure, located on both sides of the window that makes the window stay in place and catch when you lift the window up. When I lift the window up now it slides down and closes by itself, which can close on your hand causing injury. What is the name of this item? I need two window holder openers, need name (?) for the size above ASAP so tell me how long it will take to receive these items and who do I order them from? I also need Poly Sash Model 1000; 7/8 Thermol Tilt; Size 35 1/2 X 48 1/2 to fit one window. These windows were installed by Roll-a-way of Atlanta, Inc. and that company is no longer in business. Please Help as I have less than 30 days to fix these windows. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The hardware you're looking for is a balance. In your case, I think you specifically have a spiral balance. Since this is a tilt window, you probably either have our Series 900 with a 3/8" diameter outer tube or our Series 600 with a 5/8" or 9/16" diameter tube. You can order these parts directly from our site. Delivery time depends on what kind of shipping you choose.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)