Window Replacement parts

A home owner from Burlington ky says:
Single Hung tilt window circa 2002. Small part sits in channel on left hand side of window. String is connected to this part and runs up the channel to the top part of the window. The tilt component - a small round plastic piece has chipped which is not keeping it attached to the window. When I raise the window the piece sits at the bottom of the channel. I can move it with my fingers to meet the bottom of the window.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Would you happen to know the brand of the window? If it's Andersen, then I suspect you need to replace the balance. See the video below. If you need help identifying which Andersen balance you need, you will have to take the balance out of the window and show us pictures of each stamp printed on the box. I won't lie, it's not the most convenient project, but that is how these windows were designed.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)