Window Strip

A handy person from Connecticut says:
Double Hung Tilt-In Windows.
The damaged item is located across the lower sash and fits into a groove.
It faces outside and is in contact with the uppers sash when the window is fully closed. It is the full width of the Window. Appears to be a weather seal.

This window has been in the house at least since the early 90's, possibly much longer.

I brought the damaged part home from the rental unit and took the end view shot. I can get pictures of the installed window unit if needed. Did not have camera with me today.

Thank you.

User submitted image of their weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid that we do not have this exact weatherstripping. I suggest looking over our selection of leaf seal and seeing if you can adapt any of these to your window. I picked out three to get you started: our 55-169, 55-170 or 58-194.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)