Window balance

A home owner from Santa Clarita says:
Hi i live in a manufactured home built in 1990. A window of ours has a spiral balance that no longer functions. I was curious as to which hook I need to buy for the spiral balance. Our spiral balance has a hook that resemblence your 306/307 hooks except the hook on our spiral balance is made of metal. I would greatly appreciate it if you could identify the necessary hook needed for a spiral balance that would match ours.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
That shoe looks like our 15-142. I would custom make for you a Series 900 spiral balance with this 15-142 attached. That's a pretty common request and shouldn't be a problem. All I need to know is the length of your tube and how many you're interested in. From there, I can send you a price quote and order form.
A quick learner from California says:
3/8 W and the lenght is 29 inches I need 4 also need the aatachments for the windows. thanks a lot
A quick learner says:
Ialso need this part, goes on the window do you know wich part is that? Thanks alot.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! I've emailed you a custom order form for the balance, you should receive it shortly. As for that nylon part, we've never seen anything like it. What is its function, exactly? Is there any way we can see it removed from the window? I'm wondering if there's more to it that we can't see. It's definitely a mystery!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)