Window channel balances

A handy person from Delaware says:
I need to replace 27" 351 channel balances. The originals are stamped "162" on the sides. What stamp option should I order.

I also need to replace 29" 351 channel balances. They originals are stamped 182 on the side. What stamp option should I order?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm your stamps and length? A "16 2" stamp should be on a 17" long balance, and an "18 2" stamp should be on a 19" long balance. If your information is accurate, then you have kind of a weird setup. I'm not sure why the manufacturer would do it that way. In that situation, I would weigh each respective sash on a scale to determine the best option for both. That's the best way to be 100% sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)