Window glazing bead

A handy person from 60453 says:

40-year-old sliding windows. This piece is from the fixed window in a condo. It looks exactly like one of the ones on your site. However, when I measure the exterior it is 1/2" Your size on your site is 3/8" would it still work? I measured mine and it is also 3/8".  As long as it snaps in. The piece is not leaking. Just cracked Thank Tou!

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

I am afraid we can not offer an exact replacement for you because your glazing bead because the photos we have from you are on the blurry side. If you could resend us photos of your glazing bead from a clearer angle that would be great. 

In the meantime, we have made a list of possible replacement beads we feel may be what you are looking for. You will see that list on this page. Take a look at each part and let us know if these look close to what you have.

I remeasured. The larger concave side is 9/16" and the smaller side with the clip part that goes against the window is 1/4". I need black. Here are some better photos.
After I sent the last photos I was looking again at what you recommended. I see that you measure the width of the bottom, not the exposed curved surface. Also, I measured wrong again. So the bottom is 1/2" and the height is 1/4". The ones you recommend look like the same style but they are 3/8" which is what I thought I had. Sorry
After I sent the last photos I was looking again at what you recommended. I see that you measure the width of the bottom, not the exposed curved surface. Also, I measured wrong again. So the bottom is 1/2" and the height is 1/4". The ones you recommend look like the same style but they are 3/8" which is what I thought I had. Sorry I see that the only ones that would work that are on your recommended list are white. Do you have black.
sorry for so many emails! 55-006 from your recommended list looks like it would work. I see you don't have gray. I only need one piece. How do you think it would look if I sprayed it with flat black spray paint before installing? I see back in 2009 somebody was also looking and you said they did not make the black anymore and suggested the gray
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us! I agree, the 55-006 looks like a good possibility, I agree. I think spray painting the white option is a good way to go, I've known many customer who have done this in the past. You could use a Krylon spray paint, or maybe ask a local hardware store what they recommend.

I did order that one and just put it in 10 minutes ago! Actually, the gray in the sun matches the faded black on the other three edges. No need to paint. Thanks!!!
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.