Window operator part

A landlord from Vancouver, British Columbia says:
Hi there,

We manage some properties that have these window cranks starting to break. I looked up the model number that was etched into the handle (OP06-1526) and led me to this site.

Does Swisco make these handles still? If so, we would like to order some.

Thank you,

User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Dasl. We should be able to help, but a key component is missing from your handle that we need to see. At the base where it has broken off, there should be a piece that fits over the operator spline/stem. I need you to take that off and show us the hole. If you can, please also give me its size. Thanks!
A landlord says:
Hi Tom,

Would the piece you are talking about be on the handle or the part where it came off from the window?

(e.g. discussions/OP06-1520-Replacement-Cranks-Needed-77-55957) Would it be something like this you are looking for?

The handle is about 4 and 1/4 inches long.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The part I'm talking about was originally on the handle, but since it has broken off it is likely still attached to the operator. The picture you posted is similar, yes.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom,

I've attached pictures, not sure if they are what you are looking for.

Let me know if you need any additional angles.

Thank you.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That's the part alright. I'm actually glad you showed me the cover, I didn't know that this handle was contoured to the cover's shape. That is an important detail. I don't believe we will have this handle by itself, but we have a couple handle/cover sets that may work for you.

However another important detail that you still need to confirm is the size of the hole. That piece I asked to see, the one you show in this picture, fits over a stem in your operator. The size of the hole, and in affect that stem, is very important. This is known as a "spline."

See our 39-375 and 39-376. These are Truth handle/cover sets that may work for you. However, I cannot be sure. There are a couple of factors to keep in mind that I cannot confirm. The first is the size of the spline (11/32"), and the second is whether or not the new cover can fit over your operator base, which your current cover is obscuring.

If you would like us to confirm, I would need you to remove that spline piece from the operator stem and then remove the cover, if possible. That will allow us to confirm.

In the meantime, I've related a few videos to this discussion that I think you will find elucidating. You can see them on the right side of this page. These videos feature various types of operators that are likely different from yours, but the principles displayed will give you a better idea of how this hardware works and what kind of information we will need.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)