Window parts

A friend from Minnesota says:
I look forward to getting the parts I need to make the windows open properly?.
Here are the photos I have, not the best but a start?

I'm looking for new locking levers windows have 2 each on them also looking to get new fold down cranks. All in white. I'm looking for new locking levers windows have 2 each on them also looking to get new fold down cranks. All in white

Thanks again for your time
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220607_064742.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220823_190631.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSimmons operator.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220823_190654.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! These photos are very helpful, I think I know just what you have. Your locks are a little too old to find anymore, but our 38-036 is a very similar design and I think it will work well on your window without any need for adaptation.

As for folding crank handles, I recommend our 39-205.

A friend from Minnesota says:
Thanks Tom, Do I need a new plate that the lock goes into? Also for the Handle is there a complete replacement? with the cover and everything?

Thanks for the help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Are you referring to the metal piece in your last photo? We actually do not sell that. If that's the keeper for your lock then I would advise that you reuse it, assuming it's still in good condition (which it does appear to be).

Your operator is unfortunately cannot accommodate a replacement cover. It actually technically already has a cover, but it's permanently affixed to the base and cannot be removed or replaced. Your only option is a new handle by itself.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.