Window parts needed metal Industries?

A quick learner from Cinnaminson nj says:
Looking for a replacement part or a new pane. Could remove part and bring it to you. Looks like a vinyl angle shaped piece is missing along with the catches for the lock.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The latch appears similar to our 26-170. What do you think? As for the lock and keeper, I'm not sure. Could you give me more specific dimensions? You could also look through our window sash lock section and see if you can find a good replacement there.
A quick learner from Cinnaminson says:
I need the white vinyl piece- the sash is 32-3/4" all the sash in the house appear to be the same and the locks. The keepers on the ends are fine. I need the part on the upper sash in the picture. Do you have replacement windows with panes/sashes that I could pop into my frame? Maybe I could buy a whole window just for it's panes?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I see. In that case, I'll need to see a small sample of the vinyl glazing removed. Keep in mind I need to see its shape, so a picture of its cross-section is essential.
A quick learner says:
the vinyl glazing is a rectangular box section 5/8" wide, by maybe 1/4" deep with a small tongue on one side that slips into a retaining groove on the window frame. I'm not sure how it fastens at the ends, possibly just a plastic weld?

Thanks, Adam
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the additional pictures, Adam. I think these pictures may be enough. Check out our 55-178 and let me know if think you can use this as a replacement. YOu might need to remove the side bead in order to install it.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)