Window sash support balance identification request...

A handy person from las vegas says:

I have an older home (build in the mid-to-late 1980's) and I am looking to replace all the channel balances. The windows are "non-tilt", the channel balances are width 1/2" with length 29". There is an identification mark stamped on these channel balances that reads: "2830K B.S.I." (please notice the letter "K" stamped at the end of the number). Is it possible to assist me with this request or do I need to supply additional information (such as pictures)? Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 29" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2830. I'm afraid that's all I can tell based on your information, though. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)