Window troubles

A quick learner from Fresh Meadows says:
When I had my Certainteed windows installed many years ago, there wasn't any window stop (not vent stop) on any of the windows. If you pushed the window up, it would go too far and it's hardware would crack the vinyl grip of the top window. The stop I'm looking for would fit in the window channel and prevent the window from going all the way up. I'm not sure there is a stop for my windows, since they never came with them. Do you have any thing like this that might fit and work for my windows? Do you have any vinyl repair to repair the broken grips?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I am not quite sure if your Certainteed window uses our 26-116 window lifts. You may want to take a closer look.

As for a window stop, we have a white top aluminum angle you can screw inside the top track to prevent the sash from going up to high.
A handy person from New York says:
Keller #55-043 sash stop won't work on a Certainteed window?
How do I find the angle sash stop, you mentioned. I tried to search for it, is there a part number?
Profile picture of Paul
Sorry about that, I meant to mention that the part number is our 80-019.
A quick learner from New York says:
Was just about to order angle part 80-019 with screws, then measured distance to have lower window to miss handle ledge of top window and it was at least a 1 1/2" to 2". The angle is only 3/4". The lower window will still hit the ledge handle. Am I wrong? Is there anything else, larger?
Thank you for your efforts.
Profile picture of Paul
We have a 1.75" X 1.75" angle, 80-015. The narrow width leg is 5/8" and the wider leg is 1". Take a look and see if it could work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)