Wool weather stripping - Champion Patio Door - late 1980's

A home owner from Houston, Tx. says:

Sirs,

I have a home built in 1988 just outside of Houston, Tx. I have, as I am told, Champion patio doors with 9/32" (plastic) wool weather stripping. It seems that the wool is 3/16" tall. Do you carry that, or what are the patio doors supposed to have? Thank you for your many replies to my inquiry. But, I am looking for advice as well as what you carry in inventory.The photo that you provided is exactly what I have. The door is 1 1/16 wide and the door jamb is 1 5/16 wide. The plastic on the bottom is 9/32. What do I need and do you have it? I had taken a sample to a door guy down here and he measured it as 5/16. However, I put it on one side of the patio door and it is already snug to open and close. I still have the worn out weather stripping on the other side. // jz

My aluminum door is 1 1/16", the opening gap it slides into is 1 5/16". With those dimensions, what height grey wool weather stripping would you expect belongs on each side of the door?

Again, thank you for bearing with me.

Jerry Z.

Any help would be appreciated.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Jerry. The dimensions of the door aren't necessarily reliable for determining the wool pile you need. The most important dimensions are that base size and pile height. Start by looking at the 58-059, which has a base size of 9/32" and a Pile Height of 1/8". Also consider the 58-004 or the 58-128. Look over these dimensions and let me know if you think one of these might work for you. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)