add keyed lock to patio door

A home owner from NH says:
My intention is to add a keyed lock to a sliding glass patio door.

I removed the current handle/lock. The exterior handle says DOrWAL. The inside of the interior handle is stamped 120. My screw spacing is 3 15/16" and door thickness is 1.5"

Can I just add a lock cylinder to the current handle? and if so, which one?
82-310 seems right, but my diameter measurement seems to be only 1/2"

And if not, could you recommed a replacement keyed lock handle with similar style?
maybe 82-306 would work.

Thank You.
User submitted photos of a patio door handle.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I actually had an out side Dorwall handle set similar to yours. I tried the 82-310 but it was too larger to fit into the key hole. I also checked out the 82-306 but the installation holes did not quite line up.

I think you should consider ordering a new keyed lock set. Take a look at our 82-055K and see if this could work for you.
A home owner from Nh says:
Thanks,

055k seems good, but will it work on a door 1.5" wide, or will I need another option?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. You may have to use your longer existing screws in order to get it to work with a door that thick. You will also need a new cylinder with a longer tail. In that case, 82-310 will work with the 82-055K.
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
How to install a key lock in the 82-306 Keyed Exterior Sliding Door Pull
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.