balance

A handy person from ontario Canada says:

Sorry I do not have photos of the part. I just need 26 inch non-tilt 9/16" spiral balances with the foot shoe that mounts with two screws to the bottom of the window. I think the weight of the window is about 16 pounds.

Herb

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Herb. Sorry, but I'm afraid I can't narrow this down much further without seeing photos of the bracket shoe attachment. You can see our selection of Non-Tilt Spiral Balances that are 5/8" in diameter (or 9/16") here. But some of these spiral balances sometimes have fittings that have to be custom made, so I can't say for sure if any of these are what you need without pictures. See what you think. 

Hi,

The windows are at my cottage. I looked at the link you sent. My windows have a l-shapedbar that fastens along the bottom of the wooden widow rather than a shoe that fits into a slot on the side. Thus the series 500 seems to be the one. Do you sell the bar that fits on the bottom of the window?

Herb
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The Series 500 often uses brackets like the 17-007 or 17-012 to connect to the bottom of the window. I can't be certain, but see if this fits your description. 

Hi Bob,

17-012 looks like it is the one.

Thanks!

Herb
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)