bifold metal and panel doors circa 1972

A quick learner from Lincoln, NE says:

Hello! We recently renovated a 1970s condo with upper and lower track bifold closet doors. When we replaced the flooring on the main floor, 2 lower tracks were discarded. I believe we need two lower tracks, one 24 inches and one 36 inches.

Tracks are 1 inch wide. we also need 2 top pivots (23-121?) and two bottom pivots (23-151?) along with slide guides (23-130?) It appears that there are slide guides on both the top and the bottom of these doors. Is this correct?

Thanks so much! Your website is amazing, I enjoyed looking at other customer questions. Jen

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_Resized_20190618_144021_3115.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_Resized952019061895143859957773.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Jen! I can't quite make out what you have from these photos, but we will do our best.

I don't think the parts you picked out will work since they're specifically meant for wood bifold doors, not metal like yours. 

We carry three different kinds of tracks for metal bifold doors, each with a different sized profile: our 21-401, 21-452, and 21-462. These all also work with a variety of different pins, potentially. In order to identify whether or not these tracks will be compatible with your pins, I'll need you to remove the pins in question from the door and show us one clear photo of each assembly. I will also need to know their dimensions, especially the diameter of the pin and the diameter of the pin cap.

If you also happen to know the manufacturer of the door, that would be a huge help.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)