bottom right corner

A home owner from 44107 says:

My Alside windows: The piece that prevents the window from falling out when it is tilted for cleaning has broken off and is stuck in window. I think it is some type of pivot lock shoe? The piece is from the lower right hand side of the window. I have purchased several parts from you in the past like screen window latches, window latches and lock and keeper with great repair success(from your GREAT instructions), I hope this part is no different. The piece is roughly 1/2" deep(thick), 1 1/4" wide and 1 1/2" long. I do have cut outs at the top to remove the pivot shoe. There is some sort of stop in the way to remove the shoe, do I unscrew that piece? The shoe cam is broken so it is hard to move freely but I think there is enough play, I should be able to force it to the top and remove.

Thanks in advance,

Gregory

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200516_120513607_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200516_120522169_HDR.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_20200516_130401309.jpg
A home owner from 44107 says:
After looking at your instructions on You Tube, it appears the stopper with the phillips screw is the coil balance. I looked at your instructions online how to replace. I just need to figure out the coil rating, but don't understand how to get that measurement? I did not see a stamp on the coil. What type of coil balance to order? I will need to replace both on this window, both are now broken when I removed the
lower window. Thank-you so much!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Your pivot shoe appears to be a match for our 15-175, which is designed to be used with the Series 152 coil spring. 

You'll need to remove the coil from the window to see the spring. It should be printed on the "tongue," right by where the screw goes.

If there is no stamp then you need to weigh your sash on a scale and then divide that by how many springs are used to support it. For example, if your sash is 12 pounds and it only has one spring on each side, you need two 6 pound springs.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.