broken plastic merillat drawer glide

A handy person from Deerfield, IL says:
I have merillat cabinets, some with glide drawers, that are over 25 years old. the glide are held in place by the plastic holder, which I have attached the 4 photos. the plastic has broken and I conatacted them. they say that the cupboard supplier had revamped all parts of the drawers and cupboards. what they have now will NOT fit. their solution: either get a new cupboard or get their conversion kit. neither of these options work for me.

do you have these parts or know of whom I can contact the get the proper part?

Thank you for your assistance.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0064.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0065.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0066.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named DSC_0067.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We can definitely help with this one. This drawer socket isn't made anymore, as you've discovered, but I've had many customers tell us that our 32-119 works well as a substitute. The only catch is that ours screw on instead of plugging in. You'll have to drill new holes for it to work in your cupboard.

A handy person from Deerfield, IL says:
Can you recommend what type and length of screws to use to attach this bracket?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

That's a tough question to answer. It sort of depends on the back of your cupboard wall. We usually recommend the 33-300 assorted screw back, since it has a few different sizes you can experiment with. There's not an exact science to it, since your cupboard wall was not meant to use screws in this way. You'll have to play around to determine the right size.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)