casement window weatherstrip

A home owner from illinios says:

I have a casement window with worn out weatherstrip (i would call it a sweep)

This piece snaps into a groove that runs along the outside perimeter of the window. it is L shaped and is made of a hard plastic that has become brittle.

I have enclosed a picture maybe you can help identify it


A customer submitted photo of weatherstripping.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, John. Have you seen our 55-106 or 55-169 weatherseals? Do you think either of those might work? Please compare their dimensions to your own weatherseal and let me know what you think!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)